Monday, June 26, 2006

Out of Africa 2: The Curse of the Serengeti

I recently interviewed Sydney Pollack about his doc on Frank Gehry. I originally saw the film at TIFF, and loved it, even though as a documentary it's not terribly successful: it's pretty one-sided, laudatory and didn't really get to the heart of the subject. But it's soothing and pretty to look at, and Gehry's a worthy subject, for sure.

Anyway, the interview took place over the phone, while I was at my day job. Not the most comfortable circumstances under which to question someone, especially since that someone was probably doing 3 other things at the same time as well as rolling his eyes at his publicist over the dumb-assedness of my queries. I had threatened beforehand to pitch the above movie to him; sadly, I chickened out at the last minute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home